Tuesday 20 January 2015

Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion #1) by Tere Michaels

Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication Date: September 23rd 2008
POV: Alternating - Third-person, Past tense
Smut-O-Meter: 8 out of 10
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

New York City Vice Detective Evan Cerelli has lost his wife, the only person he ever loved and slept with. He's trying to get on with his life, build a life for his children. Former Homicide Detective Matt Haight is a ladies’ man, all sex/no commitment. He's depressed, having a midlife crisis, and not sure where his life is headed.
The two find friendship in the bottom of a shared bottle. When the friendship turns to love, it shakes two straight men to the core and flips their lives inside out. Kids, families, careers that are not gay-friendly -- can all the love in the world overcome the obstacles to faith and fidelity?

_______________

This is an absolutely beautiful story. I loved the way Evan and Matt's relationship developed from friendship to love. It felt very realistic and not rushed as these relationships are a lot of the time. It was not hard for me at all to believe that these two straight men were able to fall in love with each other.

They felt so natural together and along with the children. Matt just fit right in with Evan's family as if he belonged there, which is difficult to do considering how great of a family they were when Sherri was alive. It didn't feel like he was a replacement, but something new and different. I don't know how that was done so perfectly. I can't image a Cerelli without Matt in their lives.

I also really loved the 'gay for you' aspect, about how they were both completely new to the idea of being with another man, and they just figured it out together. They didn't rush things and haven't even had "A" sex yet. They just do whatever feels good and I loved it. Its the sense of discovery that I usually find and enjoy in YA romance.  But the erotica level was still perfect. Not too much, not too little.

I look forward to reading the rest of this series. I don't have anything against James, but I just wish I didn't have to read his story before getting back to Evan and Matt. I will soon enough though. I just love these guys and their amazing family and I want to see more of them.

Helena caught the look that passed between the two men and it was beautiful…the only word she could think of was beautiful. It was love and lust and such a tender expression of care she wondered if they had any clue how lovely it was to see.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...