Sunday 18 March 2012

Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe (Kythan Guardians #2)

Genres: Young Adult, Sci-fi, Fantasy/Mythology, Steampunk, Romance
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

It's the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind-part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez's newfound power rockets out of control, it's a Narcolym who could change her fate...if she can trust him.Dez's guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.
_______________

I really loved this book! The premise was amazing, and the idea of the Kythan and their abilities and their world. And I love private school stories, even though that aspect of the story didn't last long, I enjoyed it. Destiny was an awesome heroine, I really loved her. There were times when I questioned some of her decisions, but she must have been very confused and scared, so I can forgive her, especially since things turned out well in the end.

I love Reese. He was so awesome. Even though Jace was swooning all over Destiny from the beginning, as soon as Reese made an appearance I knew he was the one. And he just got better with each appearance. I couldn't get enough! For those who have read Evernight, Jace reminded me of Balthazar from that series. But Reese is like no other. There were instant sparks! Like when you cant stand someone but are still attracted to them. Sexual tension. But once Dez realized she could trust him things went quickly. She opened up to him instantly and trusted him with everything. They had a lot in common and they could understand each other like no one else. He clearly cared about her so much. And they could not stop kissing!

But there was a time early on when Dez said something that put worry in Reese's eyes. Dez saw it and asked him about it. I could tell he was lying. He was always open and honest with her and she could see that she could trust him and so could we. But I never forgot that one moment and I didn't like it. Reese was so wonderful, I couldn't handle it if it turned out to be too good to be true. For the rest of the book I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. They ended up having their highs and lows, and during the lows I was so sad and anxious. But the highs made me forget the lows all together. And it had such a great ending that it was all worth it! It was great overall, with the perfect mood and a lot of action and suspense. I highly recommend this book, especially to fans of Half-Blood. I cant wait for the next book in the series!

“You shouldn't come out to play until you have the power to party like a big girl.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...