Monday 20 January 2014

Clutch by Tess Oliver (Custom Culture #2)

Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Smut-O-Meter: 6 out of 10
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

When Taylor Flinn’s parents shipped her off to an aunt for her last year of high school, James “Clutch” Mason had convinced himself it was for the best. Taylor, the wild, impulsive and far-too-appealing seventeen-year-old had been driving him nuts. Her school girl crush on him had been the last thing he needed. Now he had time to concentrate on his booming classic car part business, his new found love-- drag racing, and keeping his twenty-year-old brother Barrett out of trouble.

But when Taylor returns from her aunt’s more grown up, utterly seductive, and attached to another guy, Clutch realizes that the only thing he ever needed or wanted was Taylor Flinn.

_______________

I enjoyed this a great deal, but not as much as Freefall. I was hoping that the only thing that would be keeping them apart was Taylor's parents, but there were some times when Taylor was not entirely rational. I loved her in Freefall. She seemed like so much fun. She was a pigtail-wearing, bubblegum-chewing tease in Daisy Dukes, and she knew it, and thats why I loved her. She wanted Clutch so badly that she was in his face about, driving him crazy. She seemed a lot tamer in Clutch. She was still rebellious and troublesome, but not as much fun. I still liked her and she never got as bad as it could have been, but there was some whining. And of course having one misunderstanding and running off to Alaska was beyond irrational. She could have got herself into untold trouble if Clutch hadn't found her. But I really loved her dedication to Clutch. How much she loved him and only him for years was admirable.

I loved Clutch though, as much as and more than I thought I would from the bit I got to know him in Freefall. He was so intense and awesome. I loved him even more than Nix. Nix was sweet, but Clutch is larger than life. I really can't blame Taylor for being all over him. Overall, the story was great and was not ruined by Taylor's occasional whining. I loved the fact that they got together regardless of what anyone said and they didn't let anyone stop them. Just a heads up that the sex is more graphic in this book than it was in Freefall. I hope Tess Oliver writes more books in this series. Maybe the next one can be about Rett and Aimee. I might even be open to the possibility of a Jason story, about him smartening his ass up and dumping his bitch girlfriend for a better one. I look forward to whatever she has for us.

“I remember watching you from the back seat with those same big hands gripping the steering wheel, and all I could think was someday I want those massive arms to hold me. I knew nothing bad could happen to me wrapped in those unbelievable arms.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...