Monday 30 September 2013

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #4)

Genres: Young Adult, Sci-fi, Romance
Publication Date: August 27th 2013
POV: Female - First-person, Past tense
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

_______________

This is definitely my favourite Lux book so far. Actually, this or Obsession, which inst really a Lux book but its the same universe. Just wow, to think of where this story has come since Obsidian. Its almost unrecognizable.

And you know what else it almost unrecognizable? Daemon. I really didn't like him to start out with. He was such an ass. And although I am still not totally in love with him, he is pretty incredible. Even knowing it was a
romance series, I never could have predicted how deep their love would grow. This is the kind of romance I search for in YA and rarely find.

"She was beautiful, and I was so, so desperately in love with her."

The only thing holding me back from really falling for Daemon and giving this book 5 stars, is that the attempts to make him witty and cocky seem to fall flat. It doesn't seem natural to me and always manages to ruin the mood and throw me out of a scene. I know that this is what most people love so much about him, but for some reason, to me it just seems contrived.

The scale this series has taken has really blown me away, and I can hardly even imagine where Opposition will take us next. I really look forward to the grand gestures of eternal love to be made, and the epic battles to be fought.

“Did you think you could stop me? I'll burn the world down to save her.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...