Sunday 21 September 2014

Uncivilized by Sawyer Bennett

Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publication Date: September 8th 2014
POV: Alternating - First-person, Present tense
Smut-O-Meter: 10 out of 10
My Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

Putting a woman on her knees before me is what really makes my cock hard. I fuck with dominant force and absolute control. I demand complete surrender from my conquests.

Savage man, loner, warrior… I am dangerous at my core. I have lived amidst the untamed wild of the rainforest, in a society that reveres me and where every woman falls before me in subjugation. Now I’ve been discovered. Forced to return to a world that I have forgotten about and to a culture that is only vaguely familiar to my senses.

Dr. Moira Reed is an anthropologist who has been hired to help me transition back into modern society. It’s her job to smooth away my rough edges… to teach me how to navigate properly through this new life of mine. She wants to tame me. She’ll never win.

I am wild, free and raw, and the only thing I want from the beautiful Moira Reed is to fuck her into submission. She wants it, I am certain. I will give it to her soon.

Yes, very soon, I will become the teacher and she will become my student. And when I am finished showing her body pleasure like no other, she’ll know what it feels like to be claimed by an uncivilized man.

_______________

Everyone has been comparing this to Tarzan, and yes, there are similarities. But I couldn't stop thinking of George of the Jungle myself. I think the similarities are greater because he goes home with her and tries to assimilate with the modern world, but struggles with his split loyalties. Of course, George of the Jungle was a kids movie, and not 3/4 sex.

This book starts with a flashforward. It starts with a scene of Zach and Moira together, several weeks after they met. Then it goes back to the beginning and tells us how they got there. I really did not enjoy how this book started. I feel really uncomfortable reading sex that does not include an emotional connection. I cannot read about casual sex. And without having seen how Zach and Moira got to that point, it was a horrible way for the book to start for me. I almost shut it right then and there. But that is just me, and I am sure most erotica readers aren't as sensitive as me. But I am glad that I decided to keep reading.

In the beginning Zach is so hard and emotionless, because that is how Caraican men showed their strength. But as we get to know Zach, we learn that he is actually really sweet and he has a great sense of humour, and he just embraces all the things he learns in the modern world. He was amazing. I loved when Moira called him her beautiful man, more so than when she called him an uncivilized man. He wasn't really uncivilized in the end. He was still Alpha, but I think beautiful is a more apt description.

Moira was an independent woman who didn't mope and cry, and she was good at her job. But she wasn't too special either. She wasn't an amazing heroine. But I really enjoyed the story and her relationship with Zach, how she helped him settle and taught him about life here. She was good with him and he was good with her. They had great chemistry, in and out of the bedroom.

I am once again impressed by Sawyer Bennett. I recommend that anyone who enjoyed Uncivilized should check out her book Confessions of a Litigation God. I plan to read more of her work, and keep an eye out for new projects.

"I was tired of fucking hiding what we have. Do you know how much it kills me not to be able to touch you when I want, or to keep my eyes averted for fear someone might guess that we're fucking each other? I was sick of it, and I'm glad I did it, and I'd do it again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...