Wednesday 25 December 2013

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Covenant, #5)

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy/Mythology, Romance
Publication Date: October 31st 2013
POV: Female - First-person, Past tenseMy Rating: 4 out of 5

_______________

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoon-worthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.

_______________

This book was great for the most part. It renewed my faith in the series after Apollyon which I found to be a big disappointment and pretty uneventful. But a lot happened in this one and it was exciting. I really enjoyed Perses and I hope he is in The Return. And I loved Seth in this one.

This was possibly Seth's best book. This one or Pure. I was Team Seth from the beginning until Deity. And Elixir was definitely Aiden's best book. After those two there was really no denying how much they belonged together. But I still loved Seth and I am pretty happy about how things turned out for him. Except for the him-being-sad part.

But overall, I'm not a huge fan of the ending. The final battle was anticlimactic and unfolded exactly as was
expected. And the ending for Alex was weird and unnecessarily confusing. It reminds me of the ending to the Evernight series. It was not really a bad ending, but it wasn't entirely satisfying either.

At first I preferred this series to Lux, but after a few disappointments, and how Origin blew my mind, I am not sure if that is still the case. We shall see after Opposition. But this was an amazing series either way. Alex is still among my top 5 heroines and Seth is still a great character and I wont forget him anytime soon. It was an incredible world and an incredible story. I always feel a sense of relief after finishing a great series which I am ready to move on from.

“He was my strength when I needed him to be, my friend when I needed someone to talk me down, my equal in a world where by law I would always be less than him, and honest to gods, he was the love of my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...